Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Default Table borders are different (heavier) in some tables

I have some tables in a large word document that may have been pulled from
Excel. The borders and gridlines in these tables is heavier than my other
tables. I have done everything I know to make them consistant.
(format...borders and shading and made all settings identical to the tables I
want them to look like) They do not change when I adjust the line thickness.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Might be a bit tedious, but try using Ctrl+Alt+u to remove the borders
completely and then apply them from scratch.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Betsy" wrote in message
I have some tables in a large word document that may have been pulled from
Excel. The borders and gridlines in these tables is heavier than my other
tables. I have done everything I know to make them consistant.
(format...borders and shading and made all settings identical to the
tables I
want them to look like) They do not change when I adjust the line
thickness.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Betsy Betsy is offline

Doug,

Just curious, but what do you mean by your statement below ("Please respond
to the newsgroup...")?

"Betsy" wrote in message
I have some tables in a large word document that may have been pulled from
Excel. The borders and gridlines in these tables is heavier than my other
tables. I have done everything I know to make them consistant.
(format...borders and shading and made all settings identical to the
tables I
want them to look like) They do not change when I adjust the line
thickness.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It's part of his default signature, meant to deter people from replying by
private email. We all get a certain number of questions in email, sometimes
just because a poster clicked the wrong button in a newsreader, but more
often someone has found an email address in an archived post (found as a
result of a Google search) and writes directly.