Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
browniebodrum browniebodrum is offline

Default Stray paragrpah marker on page 2

I've created a table in Word2003 which fits comfortably onto ONE page but the
document insists on being a 2-page document, with just a paragraph marker at
the top of page 2 (no text or anything) which I cannot delete or remove...
This is a damn nuisance - why does it happen and what settings do I need to
change so that the document is just a single page with my table on it?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

browniebodrum wrote:
I've created a table in Word2003 which fits comfortably onto ONE page
but the document insists on being a 2-page document, with just a
paragraph marker at the top of page 2 (no text or anything) which I
cannot delete or remove... This is a damn nuisance - why does it
happen and what settings do I need to change so that the document is
just a single page with my table on it? Thanks in advance.

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm, especially the part
"Table at the end of the document".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
browniebodrum browniebodrum is offline

Default Stray paragraph marker on page 2

Brilliant! Works a treat, thank you SOOOOO much!!! PS I made a typo in my
original posting, can you tell me how can I correct it so it will show up
when other people search for 'paragraph'.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

browniebodrum wrote:
Brilliant! Works a treat, thank you SOOOOO much!!! PS I made a typo
in my original posting, can you tell me how can I correct it so it
will show up when other people search for 'paragraph'.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately, when you post something to these newsgroups, you might as
well be carving it in stone. Even if you were able to edit or recall your
original, it's already been picked up by other servers and spread around the
Internet -- especially by Google Groups, where you'll find it at the top of
the page
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...94bbfa31157b84.
At least, it does show that you changed the subject line.

Google Groups Search probably would have found this thread in a search for
"paragraph marker" anyway, since it finds "near matches" to misspellings.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman