Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fran[_2_] Fran[_2_] is offline

Default Positioning Photo in Word Table

New to Word tables. Set up a "newsletter" w/one photo that looks fine, but
when I copy and paste it into an email message box (Outlook Exp) the photo
moves out of place overlapping other content. I've been try to fix this for
hours and am unable to do so. Can I somehow lock this photo in place? Is
there a fix for this? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fran

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You should send the newsletter as an attachment, probably converting it to
..pdf before sending it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Fran" wrote in message
New to Word tables. Set up a "newsletter" w/one photo that looks fine,
but
when I copy and paste it into an email message box (Outlook Exp) the photo
moves out of place overlapping other content. I've been try to fix this
for
hours and am unable to do so. Can I somehow lock this photo in place? Is
there a fix for this? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fran

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Fran[_2_] Fran[_2_] is offline

Doug, for several weeks I have been successfully pasting my Word table
w/photo newsletter into an OE email msg box. The photo always "stuck" in
place. But all of a sudden, with this revised newsletter, the photo moves
up...half way into the row above. I cannot afford professional
consultation, but I was hoping to learn the fix for this from someone a lot
smarter than me on these matters. I am grateful for you help or advice from
others. Fran

"Fran" wrote in message
New to Word tables. Set up a "newsletter" w/one photo that looks fine,
but
when I copy and paste it into an email message box (Outlook Exp) the
photo
moves out of place overlapping other content. I've been try to fix this
for
hours and am unable to do so. Can I somehow lock this photo in place?
Is
there a fix for this? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Fran

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

While I do not know why the behaviour has changed, what has not changed is
that you have no control over how the recipient views your message. Due to
the possibility of HTML messages being used to transmit a virus, many
astutue users will have their mail program configured to view email messages
in Plain Text format, in which case, your photo would not be displayed and
all of the effort to which you have gone to set out your newsletter will be
for nought.