Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Default Changing default full-column table width in Word 2007

Whenever I insert a new table, its width extends beyond the edge of the
column -- apparently lining up the text edges in the cells with the
column edge, not the actual table width.

Is there some way to change this default? I can move the table borders
so they line up with the column edges, but I'd rather not do so every
dang time.

Running Word 07 under Vista.

--
Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Greg wrote:
Whenever I insert a new table, its width extends beyond the edge of the
column -- apparently lining up the text edges in the cells with the
column edge, not the actual table width.

Is there some way to change this default? I can move the table borders
so they line up with the column edges, but I'd rather not do so every
dang time.

Running Word 07 under Vista.

I guess nobody knows a solution.

--
Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Change the Cell margins. Table ToolsLayoutPropertiesOptions.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Greg" wrote in message
Greg wrote:
Whenever I insert a new table, its width extends beyond the edge of the
column -- apparently lining up the text edges in the cells with the
column edge, not the actual table width.

Is there some way to change this default? I can move the table borders so
they line up with the column edges, but I'd rather not do so every dang
time.

Running Word 07 under Vista.

I guess nobody knows a solution.

--
Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

What I have done to fix "oversize" tables is change the table width to, say,
98%. If I had to do it often, I would make a macro to change all of the
full-width tables in a document to that percentage. But I only have a couple
customers a year who insist that table be wholly inside the margins.

PamC

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
It's as close to what is wanted as you can get.

Not satisfactory for a table with borders, which is what's under
discussion.

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]

I guess nobody knows a solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Greg[_4_] Greg[_4_] is offline

Thanks for the try, anyway.

(I thought it would be an option because the usual definition of
"margin" is that everything is inside it. I guess nobody uses tables
with left/right borders.)

Greg