Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
pam s. pam s. is offline

Default Cell borders across pages

I have a document with some tables that cross pages. I am putting borders on
some cells but not all. When I put a border at the top of a cell on one
page, it appears as a border at the top of the next page even though it is a
continuation of the same cell. I do not want it there. Is there any way to
prevent this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

"pam s." wrote:

I have a document with some tables that cross pages. I am putting borders on
some cells but not all. When I put a border at the top of a cell on one
page, it appears as a border at the top of the next page even though it is a
continuation of the same cell. I do not want it there. Is there any way to
prevent this.

Are you stating that you have a cell (in fact, a row) that starts on a page
and the same row finishes on the next page?

If that is the case, because we are talking about a single row, the border
you see at the top of page two is in fact the same border as the one you see
on top of page one, so whatever you do on page 1 will be reflected on apge 2.

One way around that, if it is important, is to add a very thin row at the
top of the table ( 1 point and line height set at Exactly 1 point). Now, the
top of the table will be dictated by the border of row 1, and the top of page
2 will be dictated by the border of row 2.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
pam s.[_2_] pam s.[_2_] is offline

Thanks Jean-Guy! It works like a charm!

pam s.

"pam s." wrote:

I have a document with some tables that cross pages. I am putting borders on
some cells but not all. When I put a border at the top of a cell on one
page, it appears as a border at the top of the next page even though it is a
continuation of the same cell. I do not want it there. Is there any way to
prevent this.

How do I see cell borders that I don't want to print? rfisher15 Tables 2 September 18th 07 01:20 PM
Cell borders split Debbi Tables 3 March 24th 07 02:19 AM
cell borders Toody Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 06 01:28 AM
Borders in first cell of a table rp2chil Microsoft Word Help 4 August 25th 06 04:47 PM
What are my cell borders now? MJones Tables 3 July 1st 06 04:05 AM