Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Kat Kat is offline

Default how do I cancel the insert key when typing in word?

Sometimes I accidently press the insert key while writing a document in word,
and it really mucks things up...how do I cancel that accident?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Press it again. It's a toggle.

"Kat" wrote in message
news
Sometimes I accidently press the insert key while writing a document in
word,
and it really mucks things up...how do I cancel that accident?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Swifty Swifty is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Press it again. It's a toggle.

It's a shame that "Toggle Keys" (which is in "Accessibility Options" in
the control panel) can't signal accidental presses of "Insert" as well
as Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock. I would imagine that
accidentally changing between overtype mode and insert mode (without
realising it) would seriously mess up a blind person's typing.

I appreciate Toggle Keys for what it does, and might enable Insert
notification, if it were possible.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html