Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Khalid Khalid is offline

Default table disordered after closing a file

In my tables, after closing a file and open it again, I find all the tables
disordered and the negative signs go to the right side of the figures instead
of being in the left side. How should I solve it?
I tried to change from word2007 to 2003 under the same pc but the problem
stil there. I changed also the pc but also with word 2007.
most of my tables are basically copied from excel, should that be the
problem? when I copy it back the excel it became OK but when copying it again
to word again the problem happen.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If the hyphen character (probably what you are using as a minus sign) is
above and to the right of the numbers, it just means that the line broke
before the number because the column isn't wide enough. You can decrease the
font size of the table text, increase the column width, or decrease the cell
margins in you effort to make the lines fit.

PamC

Khalid wrote:
In my tables, after closing a file and open it again, I find all the tables
disordered and the negative signs go to the right side of the figures instead
of being in the left side. How should I solve it?
I tried to change from word2007 to 2003 under the same pc but the problem
stil there. I changed also the pc but also with word 2007.
most of my tables are basically copied from excel, should that be the
problem? when I copy it back the excel it became OK but when copying it again
to word again the problem happen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Khalid Khalid is offline

Thanks PamC,
But this is not the case, the columns are all wide enough. emagin a cell
including (-1.23) it became (1.23-) and another with (food, beverages, and
tobacco) became (and tobacco, beverages, Food), another (10% increase)
became (increase %10).
It is absolutely very disturbing I am writing my PhD thesis, and every time
I need to redo my work.
When I redo it manually, e.g. the table that I have copied from excel to
word when I rewrite it manually cell be cell then in became OK and dont
change but that will be alot of work.
I hope that the problen is clear now, looking forward for your answers.

Khalid wrote:
In my tables, after closing a file and open it again, I find all the tables
disordered and the negative signs go to the right side of the figures instead
of being in the left side. How should I solve it?
I tried to change from word2007 to 2003 under the same pc but the problem
stil there. I changed also the pc but also with word 2007.
most of my tables are basically copied from excel, should that be the
problem? when I copy it back the excel it became OK but when copying it again
to word again the problem happen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes, the problem is a lot clearer. Do you use a right to left font or
language on your computer? That could be the problem. I'm afraid I can't
test it myself or help you with that because I do not use that option.

Khalid wrote:
Thanks PamC,
But this is not the case, the columns are all wide enough. emagin a cell
including (-1.23) it became (1.23-) and another with (food, beverages, and
tobacco) became (and tobacco, beverages, Food), another (10% increase)
became (increase %10).
It is absolutely very disturbing I am writing my PhD thesis, and every time
I need to redo my work.
When I redo it manually, e.g. the table that I have copied from excel to
word when I rewrite it manually cell be cell then in became OK and dont
change but that will be a lot of work.
I hope that the problen is clear now, looking forward for your answers.

If the hyphen character (probably what you are using as a minus sign) is
above and to the right of the numbers, it just means that the line broke

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
problem? when I copy it back the excel it became OK but when copying it again
to word again the problem happen.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Khalid Khalid is offline

Thanks PamC,
Yes I made sure that it is left-to-right, but still the problem is there.