Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
unable2merge unable2merge is offline

Default Word is printing multiple copies of each record on a label sheet

I am making name badges for a conference in Word 2007. When I preview the
mail merge and run the mail merge Word prints an entire sheet of labels for
each record I have in my database (95 names = 95 sheets!). How do I make this
stop? I only need 1 label per record so that I have 6 different names per
sheet.

Additional Info that might be pertinent to resolving the problem:
I downloaded the template from avery.com because it was not available in the
Word table menu. It's a table with 6 squares, each 3"x4".

I added the 4 mail merge fields to each of the 6 boxes on the label page.
Those fields are as follows:
First Name Last Name
Title
Company

I selected preview mail merge and get 95 pages with each page having one
record 6 times. I also selected finish & merge and it does the same thing 95
pages, 1 record per page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In the Mail Merge Main document, you need to insert a Next Record field
before the first MergeField in all of the labels on the sheet EXCEPT the
first one.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"unable2merge" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
unable2merge unable2merge is offline

Default Word is printing multiple copies of each record on a label she

This worked. Thank you! Don't know why I didn't think of it. Your MVP title
is well deserved.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
HHEELLPP HHEELLPP is offline

I am having the same problem but next record is in each field and it is still
give me a full sheet of each record. I have literally worked on the three
days straight!!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you hold down the Alt key and press F9 with the mail merge main document
open, do you see { NEXT } before the first mergefield in each of the labels
except for the first?

Also, take a look at the applicable one of the following articles on fellow
MVP Graham Mayors website:

€śMailmerge Labels with Word XP€ť

or €śMail Merge with Word 2007€ť

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm