Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
jack smith jack smith is offline

Default embedding an scanned page into word

I saw an MS Word document which contained a scanned image of a
letter. The image was embedded in the Word document so it took up
the full Word page.

I liked this because it would be a way of emailing a letter so that
it couldn't be altered.

It seems very similar to a PDF file based which based is on a
scanned image

What steps do I need to follow on my Word 2003 to do this?
Obviously I would scan the document and create an image file
(perhaps a GIF). Then what do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amish Amish is offline

It's done with Insert/Picture/From File...

But, don't fool yourself into thinking that it could not be altered;
as with a PDF, there is no way from preventing someone from altering a
portable document.

Even with a protected PDF someone could take a screenshot of the
document, edit it in an image editor, and then recreate the PDF
without any evidence of tampering. The best security is still storing
the document on a secure web server where it can be viewed but not
altered. Any portable document can be manipulated.

On Oct 23, 10:45*am, jack smith wrote:
I saw an MS Word document which contained a scanned image of a
letter. The image was embedded in the Word document so it took up
the full Word page.

I liked this because it would be a way of emailing a letter so that
it couldn't be altered.

It seems very similar to a PDF file based which based is on a
scanned image

What steps do I need to follow on my Word 2003 to do this? *
Obviously I would scan the document and create an image file
(perhaps a GIF). Then what do I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Amish makes some valid points, but, to answer the question you asked, use
Insert | Picture | From File. If your default wrapping style is In Line With
Text (which it will be if you haven't changed it), then the letter size
will conform to the page margins. To make it fill the page, change the
wrapping to, say, In Front of Text, and then use Format | Picture to restore
the size to 100%.

http://word.mvps.org