Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
nobody nobody is offline

Default Multiple pages on one sheet failure

In Word 2007 I'm trying to print an A6 portrait orientation page so that it
is printed four times on portrait A4 paper. I can do this without a problem
for A6 landscape pages.

For portrait mode the result is that in print preview and in printing only
the top left hand image is visible or printed.

The content of the Word docx is text and a table all of which is inside the
table and margins. There is no header or footer content.

My printer is an Epson 1290 (called 1280 in USA). Print setting is
centered, maximum (also tried centered, normal)

Hope someone can help?

regards,

"Nobody"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

In the Print dialog, set the Pages per Sheet dropdown to 4 pages and
in the Pages box, enter

1,1,1,1

to print four copies of page 1. You won't see this in Print Preview,
which doesn't know about the settings in the Print dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 14:23:46 +0100, "nobody"
wrote:

In Word 2007 I'm trying to print an A6 portrait orientation page so that it
is printed four times on portrait A4 paper. I can do this without a problem
for A6 landscape pages.

For portrait mode the result is that in print preview and in printing only
the top left hand image is visible or printed.

The content of the Word docx is text and a table all of which is inside the
table and margins. There is no header or footer content.

My printer is an Epson 1290 (called 1280 in USA). Print setting is
centered, maximum (also tried centered, normal)

Hope someone can help?

regards,

"Nobody"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
nobody nobody is offline

Jay,

This worked (and thanks), but where could I have found this in MS Help? I
certainly could not find it on the web.

regards,

"Nobody"

wrote:

In Word 2007 I'm trying to print an A6 portrait orientation page so that
it
is printed four times on portrait A4 paper. I can do this without a
problem
for A6 landscape pages.

For portrait mode the result is that in print preview and in printing only
the top left hand image is visible or printed.

The content of the Word docx is text and a table all of which is inside
the
table and margins. There is no header or footer content.

My printer is an Epson 1290 (called 1280 in USA). Print setting is
centered, maximum (also tried centered, normal)

Hope someone can help?

regards,

"Nobody"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It's certainly been explained countless times in this and other newsgroups,
and it's simple logic, when you think about it. If you had four pages (pp.
1-4), you'd expect them to be printed on a single sheet. Since you have only
one page, Word prints just one page. If you wanted four copies of a
full-sized page, you'd put 4 in the box for number of copies; I've never
tested to see whether that would work with "4 pages per sheet" (I suspect
not), but it's similar logic. That is, once you know it, it seems obvious,
but of course it's not obvious when you don't know it!

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

In Word 2007 I'm trying to print an A6 portrait orientation page so that
it
is printed four times on portrait A4 paper. I can do this without a
problem
for A6 landscape pages.

For portrait mode the result is that in print preview and in printing
only
the top left hand image is visible or printed.

The content of the Word docx is text and a table all of which is inside
the
table and margins. There is no header or footer content.

My printer is an Epson 1290 (called 1280 in USA). Print setting is
centered, maximum (also tried centered, normal)

Hope someone can help?

regards,

"Nobody"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
nobody nobody is offline

Suzanne,

Sometimes logic is not all it seems. I already said that when I used
landscape for the A6 page and Landscape for the A4 page the four were to be
printed on (at four (A6) pages per sheet) the sheet printed out perfectly
without me having to set 1,1,1, 1.

Anyhow as always I am grateful for the responses.

regards

wrote:

In Word 2007 I'm trying to print an A6 portrait orientation page so that
it
is printed four times on portrait A4 paper. I can do this without a
problem
for A6 landscape pages.

For portrait mode the result is that in print preview and in printing
only
the top left hand image is visible or printed.

The content of the Word docx is text and a table all of which is inside
the
table and margins. There is no header or footer content.

My printer is an Epson 1290 (called 1280 in USA). Print setting is
centered, maximum (also tried centered, normal)

Hope someone can help?

regards,

"Nobody"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Were you perhaps doing that through your printer Properties rather than
through Word? I would not expect Word to behave differently depending on
paper size/orientation.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

In Word 2007 I'm trying to print an A6 portrait orientation page so
that it
is printed four times on portrait A4 paper. I can do this without a
problem
for A6 landscape pages.

For portrait mode the result is that in print preview and in printing
only
the top left hand image is visible or printed.

The content of the Word docx is text and a table all of which is inside
the
table and margins. There is no header or footer content.

My printer is an Epson 1290 (called 1280 in USA). Print setting is
centered, maximum (also tried centered, normal)

Hope someone can help?

regards,

"Nobody"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
nobody nobody is offline

Suzanne,

There is no such setting in my Epson printer driver.

Why it printed all four copies of the same page on one sheet only in
Landscape mode I do not know.

I'm still curious as to where in any Microsoft Office help (ore elsewhere)
has Jay's 1,1,1,1 fix been mentioned?

regards,

Ian