Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Default Delete custom styles - Word 2007

Is there a way to delete a lot of custom styles at once?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In the Organizer dialog box, you can select multiple styles and then click
the Delete button. However, note that built-in styles cannot be deleted;
some of them, such as the built-in headings, will display an error message
if you try, while others will be reset to the factory defaults as you press
the Delete button.

To display the dialog box, you can press Alt+F8 and press the Organizer
button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
Is there a way to delete a lot of custom styles at once?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

In the Organizer dialog box, you can select multiple styles and then click

God!
This dialog box exists from word6 if I recall!
MS confused me with all of those "new features", and made me forget what I
already knew!

Thanks Stefan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes, the Organizer dialog box has been around for a while. It may be a bit
more difficult to find in Word 2007 (but that is true for just about
everything, I suppose).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP