Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] faceman28208@yahoo.com is offline

Default Page Layout: Rule Lines

Is there any way to position rule lines at the left and right margins
that go from the top to bottom of the page?

If I set Measure from to TEXT I can get the line close to the margin
but it does not go from top to bottom.

If I set Measure from to "Edge of Page" I am limited to 31 pt and
can't get the line close to the margin.

Any thing else I should be trying?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The easiest method is to open the Header and draw a line from top to bottom
of the page each side over the margins (TIPS: enable the 'Show Text
Boundaries' option to display the borders - hold down the Shift key when you
draw the line to snap it to the vertical). These will be repeated on every
page as they are part of the Header. If you don't want them on every page,
use Sections to separate the headers.

Note: Unless you have a VERY expensive line printer, you will not be able to
print to the very top or bottom of the page.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP