Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default delete a file from recent documents

Using Windows XP and Office 2007

I have deleted a Word document that I not longer need. It still shows up
in the recent documents list. Is there a way to delete it from that list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BK" wrote in message
Using Windows XP and Office 2007

I have deleted a Word document that I not longer need. It still shows up
in the recent documents list. Is there a way to delete it from that
list?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

OK.

Note that if you want to avoid using a macro, you could just set the number
of recent files to zero (which clears the list) in the Word Options dialog
box (Advanced category), close the dialog box, and then go back into the
dialog and set the desired number.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP