Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Default Lost Quick Parts items

I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add them to
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the document, those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Where did you save the Quick Parts? Note that they won't be available at all
times unless you saved them to the Building Blocks.dotx template (or to any
template in the Document Building Blocks folder) or in a template loaded as
an add-in.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add them to
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

I didn't change anything. I saved them where Word default saves them: In
building blocks.dotx

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add them to
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It seems as if something is preventing you from saving to the template,
then.

Are you on a corporate network?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add them
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Nope.
I'm a home (and the only one) user-Administrator, working on a win7.7100
environment.

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add them
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you running any add-ins?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add
them
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the
document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks
Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

Those that were installed during Office 2007 default installation, plus Adobe
PDFMaker Office COM Add-in (from Adobe CS4 suite).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you running any add-ins?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add
them
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the
document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks
Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See if the following article applies:
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
Those that were installed during Office 2007 default installation, plus
Adobe
PDFMaker Office COM Add-in (from Adobe CS4 suite).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you running any add-ins?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add
them
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the
document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks
Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
geotso[_2_] geotso[_2_] is offline

It seems that it has been solved!

After your question about installed add-ins I tried to disable the Adobe
add-in and create a new Quick Parts item. This item (another table) it was
there after re-opening Word. Even if I re-enable the Add-in.

BTW I had to run Word as administrator in order to disable the add-in. To do
that I tried Herb Tyson's suggestion from another thread:
http://tinyurl.com/ye9pp5l
However that didn't work for me. The solution:

Find winword.exe itself to run it as administrator, instead of any shortcut.

Thanks for your help...
(I'll keep in mind Mayor's sugestions. His site had helped me a lot in the
past).

"geotso" wrote in message
Those that were installed during Office 2007 default installation, plus
Adobe
PDFMaker Office COM Add-in (from Adobe CS4 suite).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you running any add-ins?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
I spent over an hour to make three tables, modify, format and add
them
Quick parts. However, after saving, closing and reopening the
document,
those
tables were missing from the gallery and the Building Blocks
Organizer.
Is there a way to get them back?
--
geotso
---- ---- --- -- -- - -
Please, remove hyphens to contact me
---- ---- --- -- -- - -

.

.

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thank you for the follow-up.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"geotso" wrote in message
Those that were installed during Office 2007 default installation, plus
Adobe
PDFMaker Office COM Add-in (from Adobe CS4 suite).

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you running any add-ins?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Quick Parts Paul Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 09 11:18 AM
quick parts-I think! Ray New Users 1 June 7th 09 03:06 PM
Lost quick parts on template J Weir[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 0 March 10th 08 11:16 PM
Quick Parts Vicky Microsoft Word Help 3 November 9th 07 09:36 PM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM