Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MIchael Mayes MIchael Mayes is offline

Default Tool bar at top will not remain when in document

Recently, when I am working in a word document, my toolbar at the top where
the "Home," "Insert," "Page Layout" etc. tabs are located goes away whenever
I click on the document itself. This is new, as the top bar was always
visable previously - showing whatever tab that I had las used.

How can I get this to revert back to the original setting?

I am working in Vista.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Do the words ("Home," "Insert," "Page Layout" etc.) stay there, and
the ribbon (the buttons and things below that) disappear? If so, you
just have the ribbon set to be minimized. There are several ways to
get it back:

- Press Ctrl+F1.
- Double-click any of the tabs.
- Right-click any tab and click "Minimize the ribbon" to uncheck it

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman