Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Default Check box question

I made up a form template using tables and check boxes. But I'm having
trouble getting the form into useable shape. If I "lock" the form when I am
finished when I open a new document using the template I can enter text just
fine but I can't check any boxes. To do that I have to unlock the form,
check the appropriate box, and then lock it down again. BUt the oint of the
form is to have a handy way to enter text AND check the boxes. Any
suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Where did you get the check boxes from? If it was the Control Toolbox
toolbar, that's the wrong place. You need to use the ones from the
Forms toolbar to work with a protected form.

If you are using both text form fields and check boxes from the Forms
toolbar, and one kind works but the other doesn't, then there's
something corrupted in your template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman