Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tammy tammy is offline

Default custom paragraph numbering

I need help trying to set up a custom number for a patent document. The
numbering needs to be in [0001], [0002], [0003]. It needs to single level
with a five space indent from the heading of the list. On the design new
numbering format it wont let me make a custom one without one of the
numbering formats included, like 01, 02, 03, and so on. I would like to have
the numbering continue from 0001 up a number each paragraph so it does not
have to be done manually... Is it possible to do this either with numbering,
multilevel numbering or in the styles?

This document is due in a few days and have alot of stuff that has to be
listed in this format.

Thanks,

Tammy