Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
T.Skull-Duggery T.Skull-Duggery is offline

Default how do I convert a word document into pdf format?

I have Word 2003 and I have a document (20000 words) that I need to convert
into pdf format. I haven't done this before.How do I do it?Do I need
additonal software?I currently have Office 2007 on my PC. Many thanks for
anticipated helpfull replies.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 15:09:02 -0800, T.Skull-Duggery
wrote:

I have Word 2003 and I have a document (20000 words) that I need to convert
into pdf format. I haven't done this before.How do I do it?Do I need
additonal software?I currently have Office 2007 on my PC. Many thanks for
anticipated helpfull replies.

Do you have Word 2003 or Word 2007? It makes a big difference!

If you have Word 2007, PDF output is built in. (If it's a very early
copy of the program, you may need to go to
and download an add-in. Later versions include the capability
out-of-the-box.) Click the Office button, point to the Save As item,
and click "PDF or XPS" in the menu.

If you have Word 2003, then PDF is not built in or available from
Microsoft. You can download third-party software such as
http://www.primopdf.com or http://www.cutepdf.com, which install as
printer drivers; or you can use an online service such as
http://www.doc2pdf.net or http://www.pdftoword.com.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman