Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichardBt RichardBt is offline

Default Setting "x of y" number of pages in Word documents

I am trying to set page numbers in the footer of a Word document, using the
"x of Y" format. The problem is that I don't want to count the first page.
I've introduced a Section Break so that the page count begins on the second
page, but I can't find a way to make the total page count ignore the first
page. The result is that the final page in the doc reads "Page 15 of 16",
when I want it to read "Page 15 of 15". Any suggestions?