Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word User 67854 Word User 67854 is offline

Default Change the language in styles

Hi,

I would need help with styles and the figures and tabels. When I use them I
get "Figure 1" and then what I wrote, when I would want this "Figure 1" to be
in a different language (in swedis and "Figur 1").

The same goes for the stalye for tables. I would want word to insert
"Tabell" instead of "table".

Anyone know where I should change it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First of all, turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in the
Language dialog box (Review tab | Set Language in Word 2007, Tools |
Language | Set Language in Word 2003). Then change the language as desired.
If the problem is with the Caption style, only, you can change the language
of that particular style.

For more on the complexities of language formatting in Word, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm ("Get control of
language formatting in Word"). Note that the article isn't updated for Word
2007.

Bear in mind that language formatting may be tricky in Word. If everything
else fails, all you can do is select all the text in the document and then
manually apply the correct language, via the Language dialog box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Word User 67854" Word User wrote in
message ...
Hi,

I would need help with styles and the figures and tabels. When I use them
get "Figure 1" and then what I wrote, when I would want this "Figure 1" to
be
in a different language (in swedis and "Figur 1").

The same goes for the stalye for tables. I would want word to insert
"Tabell" instead of "table".

Anyone know where I should change it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word User 67854[_2_] Word User 67854[_2_] is offline

Hi Stefan!

Thank you really much for your help. The link was the key for me. I saved my
document in word to html and edited the source code, opened back in word and
it works great.

Thx again!

"Stefan Blom" kirjoitti:

[...]

.