Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Allena63 Allena63 is offline

Default how do i find lost file on memory stick?

Hello All

I went to save my report i was working on on my memory stick and the file
has disappeared!!!!!!!!

Had no previous probs saving it to memory stick before....

Can't find it in any programmes or recycle bin!

My 44 page report has gone kaputt!!! now my brain is going same way!!

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

NEVER, NEVER save a document directly from Word onto removable media! You
may get away with it for a while, but at sometime, you are very likely to
find yourself in the situation in which you now find yourself.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Allena63" wrote in message
Hello All

I went to save my report i was working on on my memory stick and the file
has disappeared!!!!!!!!

Had no previous probs saving it to memory stick before....

Can't find it in any programmes or recycle bin!

My 44 page report has gone kaputt!!! now my brain is going same way!!

Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Now the OP might understand why you first save to your hard drive, then copy
to your memory stick.

"Jerry" wrote in message
news : Try fasting and prayer. That's your best bet.
:
:
: "Allena63" wrote:
:
: Hello All
:
: I went to save my report i was working on on my memory stick and the
file
: has disappeared!!!!!!!!
:
: Had no previous probs saving it to memory stick before....
:
: Can't find it in any programmes or recycle bin!
:
: My 44 page report has gone kaputt!!! now my brain is going same way!!
:
: Help!

Debbie Seko Debbie Seko is offline
Junior Member

Location: I am a MS Office Instructor for Senior Citizens
Send a message via Skype™ to Debbie Seko
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allena63 View Post
Hello All

I went to save my report i was working on on my memory stick and the file
has disappeared!!!!!!!!

Had no previous probs saving it to memory stick before....

Can't find it in any programmes or recycle bin!

My 44 page report has gone kaputt!!! now my brain is going same way!!

Help!
That is awful Allena, unfortunately there is no way to recovery lost data from a memory stick as far as I know. Sometimes if you do not disengage (eject) a memory stick using the remove hardware icon in the bottom system tray (it's an icon with a small green arrow) it can corrupt your memory stick and/or you can lose some of the data.

It is always good practice to save your data on to your computer first and then copy it to a memory stick, that way you always have a backup.

Sorry for your loss, that is a lot of work to lose.