Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoman Geoman is offline

Default How do i get the citation format for journal of geol soc london?

Hi

I know how to change the format but I don't seem to be able to find the
journal type (Journal of the Geological Society of London) in the list, is it
named as something else ? I would have thought this was a well known citation
format as i have had to enter it by hand many times befor as have my
colegues.

Thanks for your time
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

When it comes to bibliographic formats, well-known doesn't exist. Every
discipline has its own set of rules. Not wanting to minimize the value of
your field, but I would be surprised if your format is more used than for
example the common medical format (AMA) or the engineering one (IEEE).

Anyway, I doubt any of the formats in Word will fit your needs. That leaves
you with a couple of options:

1)Ask the editors of the journal to provide a stylesheet for their format
(slim chance they are going to, but without trying you won't know)

2)Write the style yourself from scratch, which requires decent xslt
knowledge. For more information, see
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...ions-1011.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_offi...om-styles.aspx

3)Start from a template like BibWord (see my signature) which should
simplify the process from described in 2. All you need is enough xml
knowledge to locate the formatting strings inside the template, and you can
start creating your own. If you start from one of the existing styles, you
can simplify the process even more.

4)Switch to another citing package which supports your style.

Yves
--
BibWord : Microsoft Word Citation and Bibliography styles
http://bibword.codeplex.com