MrWCF MrWCF is offline
Junior Member

Default Automatic TOC Linking

I have a 900-page word document (office 2010, Vista 64-bit OS). I want to automatically generate a table of contents with links to the first word of every five pages, that is, a TOC that shows 180 words linking to page 5, 10, 15, 20, ...., 900.

Is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

TOC fields don't link directly to pages, but rather to items on the page
(paragraph styles or TC fields). If every five pages begin with text in a
particular style, you can set up a TOC that references that particular
style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Linking Going crazy New Users 1 August 19th 08 07:54 PM
Linking Melissa New Users 3 March 6th 08 03:04 PM
How do I get automatic initial caps in automatic numbered lists metindia technologies Microsoft Word Help 6 March 3rd 07 04:28 PM
linking Curt Mailmerge 5 January 10th 07 06:09 PM
Linking Fig #s from Doc A to Doc B MacGyverS2000 Microsoft Word Help 6 November 9th 05 08:19 PM