kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Losing italics in my footnotes

I changed my footnote spacing by using a macro (a long time ago). I don't know if my problems with this macro lately is why I have been loosing all italics in my footnotes as I work with my document.

I use citation software and you can't change it manually.

I don't know what is happening and what I should be looking at to troubleshoot the problem. I don't know if they are related to each other.

So as a first step is there a simple answer as to why footnotes are changing without factoring in my macro? I don't really want to get into a discussion about my macro at this stage.

Can anyone through any light on this please?
Using Word 2013.

Last edited by kaye123 : September 26th 13 at 10:18 AM Reason: garbling
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,

I changed my footnote spacing by using a macro
(a long time ago). I don't know if my problems with
this macro lately is why I have been loosing all
italics in my footnotes as I work with my document.

So as a first step is there a simple answer as
to why footnotes are changing without factoring
in my macro?

ITALIC usually toggles: normal text will be formatted italic, italic text
will be formatted back to normal.
Maybe, your macro or something else resetted italic to normal. Or
anybody/anything reapplied the style "Footnotetext", so italic was
removed...

--
Cheers,
Lisa

kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Wilke-Thissen View Post
Hi,

I changed my footnote spacing by using a macro
(a long time ago). I don't know if my problems with
this macro lately is why I have been loosing all
italics in my footnotes as I work with my document.

So as a first step is there a simple answer as
to why footnotes are changing without factoring
in my macro?

ITALIC usually toggles: normal text will be formatted italic, italic text
will be formatted back to normal.
Maybe, your macro or something else resetted italic to normal. Or
anybody/anything reapplied the style "Footnotetext", so italic was
removed...

--
Cheers,
Lisa
Hello Lisa
Thank you for your reply. Sorry didn't see this. I thought I would get a message.
Ok that makes sense. After getting it back from proofing it is ok but sometimes when I save it I get the message" changes have been made to your global template do you want to save normal doc". I say yes and then it says it is open by another user and I cant save, yet this is the only document I have open. It just keeps giving me this message and in the ends I say no. But not all documents have lost format.
So can you tell me how I look up info on this please. What question should I ask?
kind regards