Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AshRam AshRam is offline

Default Page border outside printable area?

I have a border on the title page for a paper. The bottom line of the border
won't print because error message says that it is outside the printable area
of the page. How do I solve this problem? How do I avaoid this in the future?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Page border outside printable area?

It sounds like the border you have set up on your title page is extending beyond the printable area of your page, which is why it's not printing. To solve this problem, you can adjust the margins of your document to ensure that the border is within the printable area. Here's how to do it:
  1. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on "Margins" and select "Custom Margins" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, adjust the margins to ensure that the border is within the printable area. You can do this by decreasing the margins or adjusting the position of the border.
  4. Click "OK" to save your changes.

To avoid this problem in the future, you can set up your document with the correct margins from the beginning. When you first create a new document, you can select a preset margin size or set up custom margins that will ensure that your content is within the printable area. This will help you avoid any issues with borders or other elements extending beyond the printable area.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
AshRam AshRam is offline

Hi Suzanne,
You are correct. Your response solved the problem. This is really cool.
Thank you very much.
Have agreat day!

AshRam

"AshRam" wrote in message
I have a border on the title page for a paper. The bottom line of the
border
won't print because error message says that it is outside the printable
area
of the page. How do I solve this problem? How do I avaoid this in the
future?

Bobby Wong Bobby Wong is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRam View Post
I have a border on the title page for a paper. The bottom line of the border
won't print because error message says that it is outside the printable area
of the page. How do I solve this problem? How do I avaoid this in the future?
Just save it as a pdf, for it will auto center and scale