Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joann joann is offline

Default how do I move a table row to next page

I have a table in a WORD document that spands two pages. I want to move the
last row on the first page of the table so that it becomes the first row on
the second page. I want to move the actual row, not just the content of the
row. Nothing I've tried has been successful. Any ideas?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I move a table row to next page

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can move a table row to the next page in Microsoft Word:
  1. First, click anywhere in the row that you want to move to the next page. This will select the entire row.
  2. Next, right-click on the selected row and choose "Table Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the Table Properties dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  4. Under the "Row" tab, check the box next to "Allow row to break across pages". This will allow the row to be split across two pages.
  5. Click "OK" to close the Table Properties dialog box.
  6. Now, place your cursor at the end of the row that you want to move to the next page.
  7. Press the "Enter" key on your keyboard to create a new row.
  8. Finally, cut the entire row that you want to move to the next page by selecting it and pressing "Ctrl+X" on your keyboard.
  9. Place your cursor at the beginning of the new row that you just created and press "Ctrl+V" to paste the row into the new location.

That's it! The row should now be moved to the next page. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you saying that you want to *force* the row to the next page? If so,
select the whole row and format it as "Page break before" (Paragraph dialog
box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JoAnn" wrote in message
I have a table in a WORD document that spands two pages. I want to move
the
last row on the first page of the table so that it becomes the first row
on
the second page. I want to move the actual row, not just the content of
the
row. Nothing I've tried has been successful. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Select the row that is to start on the next page. Then open the Paragraph
dialog box Line and Page Breaks tab turn on €śPage break before€ť.

How to open the Paragraph dialog box depends in your Word version:
Word 2003 and earlier: Format menu Paragraph.
Word 2007: Home tab click the little icon in the bottom-right corner of
the Paragraph group.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)