Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

Default How to remove text-wrapping breaks

Hi,

I have a 70 page MS Word document and it has just too many of €śtext-wrapping
breaks€ť. I was wondering if there is a way to remove them using €śFind and
Replace€ť rather than deleting each one of them manually as there are just too
many in this document.

Thanks,

Joe

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to remove text-wrapping breaks

Hi Joe,

Yes, you can definitely use the "Find and Replace" feature in Microsoft Word to remove text-wrapping breaks. Here are the steps:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Press "Ctrl + H" on your keyboard to open the "Find and Replace" dialog box.
  3. In the "Find what" field, type "^b" (without the quotes). This is the code for a text-wrapping break in Word.
  4. Leave the "Replace with" field blank.
  5. Click on the "Replace All" button.

This will remove all the text-wrapping breaks in your document. However, please note that this may affect the formatting of your document, so it's always a good idea to save a backup copy before making any changes.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure they're text-wrapping breaks and not line breaks? If the
latter, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm. I don't
know of any way to search for text-wrapping breaks unless they are also
detected by ^l.

"Joe" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a 70 page MS Word document and it has just too many of

€śtext-wrapping
breaks€ť. I was wondering if there is a way to remove them using €śFind and
Replace€ť rather than deleting each one of them manually as there are just

too
many in this document.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Angel Bivins Angel Bivins is offline

Joe,
If by "text wrapping breaks" you mean Manual line breaks, then do this:
Choose Edit, Replace, and click on More to get the options.
With your cursor in the Find What field, Click on the "Special" button to
drop down a list and choose "Manual Line Break".
Then place your cursor in the Replace with field and hit the space bar once.
Click replace All and see if you get the results you're looking for.
--
Angel Bivins
WordAngel Document Design

"Joe" wrote:

Hi,

I have a 70 page MS Word document and it has just too many of €śtext-wrapping
breaks€ť. I was wondering if there is a way to remove them using €śFind and
Replace€ť rather than deleting each one of them manually as there are just too
many in this document.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Sm9l?=,

I have a 70 page MS Word document and it has just too many of €śtext-wrapping
breaks€ť. I was wondering if there is a way to remove them using €śFind and
Replace€ť rather than deleting each one of them manually as there are just too
many in this document.

Can you be more specific about what you mean by "text wrapping breaks"?

Do you mean where someone has pressed Enter? Or Shift-Enter?

If you display the non-printing characters (press the "backwards P" button in the
toolbar), what symbol do you see at these locations?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe Joe is offline

Thanks a lot. It worked. Yes "text-wrapping breaks" must be same as "Manual
Line Breaks" and are represented by ^l. On the web I came across the term
"Text-Wrapping Breaks".

Joe

"Joe" wrote:

Hi,

I have a 70 page MS Word document and it has just too many of €śtext-wrapping
breaks€ť. I was wondering if there is a way to remove them using €śFind and
Replace€ť rather than deleting each one of them manually as there are just too
many in this document.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mohamed Ali Saudi Oger Taif K.S.A Mohamed Ali  Saudi Oger Taif K.S.A is offline

If by "text wrapping breaks" you mean Manual line breaks, then do this:
Choose Edit, Replace, and click on More to get the options.
With your cursor in the Find What field, Click on the "Special" button to
drop down a list and choose "Paragraph Mark".(^p)