mirf

Default Pages no longer separate in View

I somehow managed to change a setting in a long document I am working on and
now my view of the pages is different. Before, each page was separate. Now,
all the pages run together with either a bold or a dotted line indicating
page breaks. This has no bearing on the printed version. It's only my view
on the screen that has changed but it's an irritation I'd like to get rid of.

Thanks,
Miranda F.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Pages no longer separate in View

Hi Miranda,

It sounds like you accidentally changed the view mode in Microsoft Word. Don't worry, it's an easy fix! Here's how you can change it back to the way it was befo
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "View" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Views" section, click on "Print Layout" view. This should be the default view for most documents.
  4. If you're still not seeing the separate pages, click on the "Page Breaks" button in the "Views" section of the ribbon. This will show you where the page breaks are in your document.
  5. If you want to see the pages side-by-side, you can click on the "Side to Side" button in the "Window" section of the ribbon. This will split your screen in half and show you two pages at once.
__________________

mirf

Thanks much. I hovered and clicked and, voila!, there was my missing white
space. I don't know how I made it disappear in the first place, but I'm
happy to know how to get it back.

Thanks!!

mirf wrote:

I somehow managed to change a setting in a long document I am working

on and
now my view of the pages is different. Before, each page was separate.

Now,
all the pages run together with either a bold or a dotted line

indicating
page breaks. This has no bearing on the printed version. It's only my

view
on the screen that has changed but it's an irritation I'd like to get

rid of.

Thanks,
Miranda F.

You made it disappear by doing the same thing that made it appear!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Or see http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/WhiteSpace.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.