Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Waterstradt Ron Waterstradt is offline

Default Open File Default Directory

How do I change the directory that comes up when I click on the open file
icon in Word 2003?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Open File Default Directory

Sure, I can help you with that! Here are the steps to change the default directory that comes up when you click on the "Open File" icon in Word 2003:
  1. Open Microsoft Word 2003.
  2. Click on the "Tools" menu at the top of the screen.
  3. Select "Options" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Options" window, click on the "File Locations" tab.
  5. Under "File Types," select "Documents."
  6. Click on the "Modify" button.
  7. In the "Modify Location" window, navigate to the directory you want to set as the default.
  8. Click on the "OK" button.
  9. Click on the "Close" button to exit the "Options" window.

That's it! Now, when you click on the "Open File" icon in Word 2003, the directory you selected will be the default directory that comes up.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word, click on Tools | Options | File Locations tab, and
modify the "Documents" location to whatever you want.

Ron Waterstradt wrote:

How do I change the directory that comes up when I click on the open file
icon in Word 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

....Jut keep n mind that if you switch to another directory during any given
session with Word, that will be the directory you're oriented to until you
switch again. The next time you launch Word it will revert back to the
Default.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac