Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pistol21149 pistol21149 is offline

Default how do i make 1/3 look like a fraction

i can get 1/4 and 1/2 to look like a fraction but the rest (1/3 1/8 1/16)
don't happen
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do i make 1/3 look like a fraction

To make 1/3 look like a fraction in Microsoft Word, you can use the "Fraction" feature. Here are the steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the fraction.
  2. Go to the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Equation" in the "Symbols" section.
  4. In the "Equation Tools" tab that appears, click on the "Fraction" button in the "Structures" section.
  5. Type "1" in the top box of the fraction.
  6. Type "3" in the bottom box of the fraction.
  7. Click outside of the equation box to finish.

This should create a fraction that looks like 1/3. You can use the same steps for other fractions like 1/8 and 1/16. If you find that the fraction is too small or too large, you can adjust the font size of the equation by highlighting it and changing the font size in the "Home" tab.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There are a couple of possibilities - see:

http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm
or
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...teFraction.htm

"pistol21149" wrote in message
i can get 1/4 and 1/2 to look like a fraction but the rest (1/3 1/8 1/16)
don't happen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CreateFraction.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"pistol21149" wrote in message
i can get 1/4 and 1/2 to look like a fraction but the rest (1/3 1/8 1/16)
don't happen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

The fractions 1/3 and 1/8 are available in most fonts. You can open the
Symbol dialog box and look for them, or do as follows:

For 1/3, type 2153 and then press Alt+X.
For 1/8, type 215b and then press Alt+X.

For 2/3, type 2154 and then press Alt+X.
For 3/8, type 215c and then press Alt+X.
For 5/8, type 215d and then press Alt+X.
For 7/8, type 215e and then press Alt+X.

You can create something very close to fractions like these for any other
fraction in the following manner.
1) Press Shift+Ctrl+=.
2) Type the numerator.
3) Press Ctrl+Spacebar.
4) Type a slash (/).
5) Set the font size to 8 points (or 2/3 of the current font size).
6) Type the denominator.
7) Press Ctrl+Spacebar.

--
Hope this helps,