Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheahan Sheahan is offline

Default text box is 'off the page' - can't see it

I have a couple of text boxes that were created in a document some time ago,
and during the creation of the document the text boxes 'disappeared'. I then
created some more to replace them - which were OK. The 'missing' text box
text now comes up in every spell check I do on the document (which is
regularly reviewed and changed) but the text is never visibly highlighted
under the spell check window. Today I mistakenly printed the document
'multi-up' ie 2 pages on the sheet, and the missing text boxes are printed on
the page! When I print normally they don't appear. I've tried everything I
can think of to find them but with no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: text box is 'off the page' - can't see it

It sounds like your text boxes might be located outside of the printable area of your document. Here are some steps you can take to try and locate them:
  1. Go to the View tab in the ribbon and select Print Layout view. This will show you exactly what will be printed on the page.
  2. Zoom out on your document by using the zoom slider in the bottom right corner of the window. This will allow you to see more of the page at once.
  3. Look for any areas of the page that are grayed out or have a dotted line around them. This indicates that the content is located outside of the printable area.
  4. If you find an area like this, try clicking on it to see if it contains your missing text box. You may need to adjust the margins of your document to bring the content back into the printable area.
  5. If you still can't find your text box, try using the Selection Pane to locate it. Go to the Home tab in the ribbon, click on the Select dropdown, and choose Selection Pane. This will show you a list of all the objects in your document, including any hidden or off-page objects. Look for your text box in the list and click on it to select it.
  6. Once you have located your text box, you can move it back into the printable area by dragging it with your mouse or adjusting the margins of your document.

I hope this helps you locate your missing text boxes!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You can use the Select Multiple Objects (the icon is found on the Drawing
Toolbar under Customize) to help select disappeared text boxes and the like.
Display the Drawing toolbar and click on the Select Objects tool (white
arrow at the left end). This dialog will list all items in the document that
are "floating", i.e. not set to InLineWIthText layout attribute, this
definitely describes your missing text box :-)
The list shows some of the text that is in the Text box so this may help you
define which Text box you are missing. Once you have found the right one, you
can use the cursor keys to manoeuvre the text box back into the page arena.
Unfortunately this Select Multiple Objects dialog only selects the object but
does not move the document view to where the object is, so you may want to go
to approximately where it is in the document to start with, from your print
out I believe will help you.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Sheahan" wrote:

I have a couple of text boxes that were created in a document some time ago,
and during the creation of the document the text boxes 'disappeared'. I then
created some more to replace them - which were OK. The 'missing' text box
text now comes up in every spell check I do on the document (which is
regularly reviewed and changed) but the text is never visibly highlighted
under the spell check window. Today I mistakenly printed the document
'multi-up' ie 2 pages on the sheet, and the missing text boxes are printed on
the page! When I print normally they don't appear. I've tried everything I
can think of to find them but with no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Forgot to mention, you don't mention if this text box is linked, so I have
assumed that it is not in my previous posting. If it is, obviously you cna
use the Next/Previous Text box icons on the Text Box Toolbar to move among
the linked boxes, to select the missing text box.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Sheahan" wrote:

I have a couple of text boxes that were created in a document some time ago,
and during the creation of the document the text boxes 'disappeared'. I then
created some more to replace them - which were OK. The 'missing' text box
text now comes up in every spell check I do on the document (which is
regularly reviewed and changed) but the text is never visibly highlighted
under the spell check window. Today I mistakenly printed the document
'multi-up' ie 2 pages on the sheet, and the missing text boxes are printed on
the page! When I print normally they don't appear. I've tried everything I
can think of to find them but with no luck. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

Default information

In conclusion, a raised toilet seat can be a valuable tool for individuals recovering from hip replacement surgery. It can help to reduce stress on the hip joint, improve overall comfort, and reduce the risk of complications. When choosing a raised toilet seat, it is important to consider factors like height, ease of installation, and durability to ensure that it meets the individual's specific needs. kohler lighted toilet seat

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

In addition, the refrigerator has a door-mounted ice and water dispenser, which is convenient for getting a quick drink or filling up a water bottle. best side by side refrigerator without water dispenser
selenaoh123 selenaoh123 is offline
Junior Member

Select the entire document using the selection tool (usually an arrow icon), and then look for any outlines or bounding heardle boxes that indicate the presence of hidden text boxes. If you find any, you can try unhiding or revealing them.