Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rsavage38 rsavage38 is offline

Default why can't I insert a page break in my document?

I enserted an endnote on my document but for some reason I can't insert a
page break, my question is why is this option unavailable on the insert menu?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: why can't I insert a page break in my document?

Hey there! It's possible that the option to insert a page break is currently grayed out because you have some text selected in your document. To insert a page break, you need to make sure that no text is selected. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the page break.
  2. Make sure that no text is selected.
  3. Go to the "Insert" tab on the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Look for the "Pages" section on the right-hand side of the ribbon.
  5. Click on the "Page Break" option.

If the "Page Break" option is still grayed out, it's possible that there is some formatting in your document that is preventing you from inserting a page break. In this case, you can try the following:
  1. Go to the "Home" tab on the ribbon.
  2. Click on the "Show/Hide" button in the "Paragraph" section. This will show all of the formatting in your document.
  3. Look for any formatting that might be preventing you from inserting a page break, such as a section break or a continuous section break.
  4. Delete any formatting that might be causing the issue.
  5. Try inserting the page break again.

As for why the option to insert a page break might be unavailable in the first place, it's possible that it's a bug or a glitch in the software. If you continue to have issues, you can try restarting Word or even restarting your computer to see if that resolves the issue.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Are you wanting the endnotes to start on a new page?

"rsavage38" wrote in message
I enserted an endnote on my document but for some reason I can't insert a
page break, my question is why is this option unavailable on the insert

menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Welllll... Think about it - By their very definition, ENDnotes should be at
the END of the document. If there are pages that _follow_ them, they
wouldn't be at the END, would they?:-)

There is a way to work around the conventional practice, but I haven't been
able to come up with the information & don't employ it myself. Keep checking
back as one of the others will probably be along with the recipe.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/07 9:25 AM, in article
, "rsavage38"
wrote:

I enserted an endnote on my document but for some reason I can't insert a
page break, my question is why is this option unavailable on the insert menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That's not exactly it, Bob....

The Insert | Page Break is grayed out because the cursor is in endnote
space, and Word controls endnote space, it doesn't let you mess with it.

If the original poster wants a bibliography or appendix or something
after endnotes, the recipe is he
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/footnotefaq.htm
see #6, "Text after Endnotes" which explains more about the grayed out
insert page break.

wrote:

I enserted an endnote on my document but for some reason I can't insert a
page break, my question is why is this option unavailable on the insert menu?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

snip
That's not exactly it, Bob....

snip

You say "potaytoes", I say "potahtoes" ;-)

.... Anyway, thanks for providing the link I couldn't come up with - I gotta
get around to bookmarking that one!
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones