Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Edradour The Edradour is offline

Default How do I print a word document draft without pictures?

To save ink when printing drafts, I would like to print a word document
without the pictures inserted. Is there an option for printing just the
borders or something like that?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I print a word document draft without pictures?

Printing a Word Document without Pictures

1. Open the Word document that you want to print without pictures.
2. Click on the File tab in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Click on Print in the left-hand menu.
4. In the Settings section, click on the drop-down menu next to Print All Pages and select Print Markup.
5. Click on the Print All Pages drop-down menu again and select Print Current Page.
6. Click on the Print button.

If you want to print just the borders, you can select the Print All Pages drop-down menu and choose Print All Pages with Borders. This will print the document with just the borders and no pictures.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aneasiertomorrow aneasiertomorrow is offline

Tools-Options-Print- untick 'Drawing objects'

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
South Australia

If this post answered your question please let us know as others may be
interested too

"The Edradour" wrote:

To save ink when printing drafts, I would like to print a word document
without the pictures inserted. Is there an option for printing just the
borders or something like that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

On 8/13/06 9:01 PM, in article
, "aneasiertomorrow"
wrote:

Tools-Options-Print- untick 'Drawing objects'

Lucy

However this only works for objects with Text Wrapping
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac
applied. If the graphic is InLine with Text it will still print.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Inline graphics can be formatted as Hidden, but they won't take up space. If
you want them to take up space but not print, you can format them as 100%
brightness.

"CyberTaz" wrote in message
.. .
On 8/13/06 9:01 PM, in article
, "aneasiertomorrow"
wrote:

Tools-Options-Print- untick 'Drawing objects'

Lucy

However this only works for objects with Text Wrapping
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac
applied. If the graphic is InLine with Text it will still print.

Mexas1 Mexas1 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Edradour View Post
To save ink when printing drafts, I would like to print a word document
without the pictures inserted. Is there an option for printing just the
borders or something like that?
I usually switch to outline mode, copy the text and paste into an email (eg Yahoo) and then print it out. I don't get the fancy formatting but the text is all there and I waste no expensive ink on the images.

Last edited by Mexas1 : October 16th 16 at 10:03 PM Reason: Grammar error - There for their

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 07:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 12th 06 12:43 AM
Word applies direct format on File open Uriel Microsoft Word Help 16 November 27th 05 08:22 PM