Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
big_chief_hutch big_chief_hutch is offline

Default Trying to put text / words along an arrow?

Trying to put text / words along the length of an arrow, without having to
use a nex text box
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Trying to put text / words along an arrow?

Yes, you can add text along the length of an arrow in Microsoft Word without using a separate text box. Here's how you can do it:
  1. Insert an arrow shape from the "Shapes" menu under the "Insert" tab.
  2. Right-click on the arrow and select "Add Text" from the drop-down menu.
  3. Type in the text you want to add along the arrow.
  4. Adjust the font, size, and color of the text as desired.
  5. To move the text along the arrow, click and drag the text box to the desired position.
  6. To adjust the spacing between the text and the arrow, click on the arrow and then click on the yellow diamond-shaped handle at the midpoint of the arrow. Drag the handle to adjust the spacing.

That's it! You should now have text along the length of your arrow without needing to use a separate text box.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the arrow is horizontal write the text and draw the arrow under it using
the drawing toolbar. If it is angled then all you have available from Word
are the tools on the drawing toolbar. For annotating your documents with
arrows and text you really need a graphics program such as SnagIt from which
you can create images (such as arrows with text) and insert them behind
text.