Todd Crandell

Default Wrong page size with odd section breaks

I have a long document created with most pages 8.5 by 11 inches in size.
I've inserted a few large tables (11" x 17") using odd-page section breaks.
Wherever the previous section ends on an odd page due to text length, Word
creates an extra blank page (did I mention I've got this set for duplex
printing with facing pages). After the large, one-page table, Word creates
another blank page because of the odd page break I've inserted. So far this
is just what I want Word to do.

The problem is that Word makes the blank pages the same size as the
*following* page and not the *previous* page. So I get the following
sequence:

odd page (8.5x11)
blank/even page (11x17)
odd page (11x17)
blank/even page (8.5x11)
odd page (8.5x11)

This creates havoc when I send it to the printer to print duplex. What I
wanted Word do was create even (back) sides the same size as the odd (front)
sides, as follows:

odd page (8.5x11)
blank/even page (8.5x11)
odd page (11x17)
blank/even page (11x17)
odd page (8.5x11)

Any suggestions? I have tried using "Next Page" section breaks instead of
"Odd Page" section breaks, assuming Word would automatically convert these
to odd page breaks when the page size changes. This didn't work.

Thanks,
Todd

I guess no one else has any ideas on this one, so I'll suggest this: If you
don't already have "Mirror margins" and "Different odd and even" (for
headers and footers) enabled, do so. Both of these are cues to Word that you
plan to duplex, and they may help.