L. Peter Stacey

Default How to find 'Reveal Codes'?

I have a section in a newsletter that I am writing and it causes the page
numbering to restart. I have looked for the command that causes it but
without success. MS office 2003.
Peter.

Anne Troy

Hi, Peter. It's probably Format--Paragraph, choose the Line and Page break
tab, and then uncheck "Page Break Before".

To "reveal codes", try this:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"L. Peter Stacey" wrote in message
I have a section in a newsletter that I am writing and it causes the page
numbering to restart. I have looked for the command that causes it but
without success. MS office 2003.
Peter.

Jay Freedman

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 10:39:53 +1000, "L. Peter Stacey"
wrote:

I have a section in a newsletter that I am writing and it causes the page
numbering to restart. I have looked for the command that causes it but
without success. MS office 2003.
Peter.

Put the cursor in the header or footer of the section whose page
numbers are out of whack. On the Header/Footer toolbar, click the
Format Page Number button. At the bottom of the dialog that appears,
click "Continue from previous section" and click OK.

Word doesn't really do "Reveal Codes" like WordPerfect, because there
aren't any codes -- the programs work completely differently under the
hood. There are some work-alike suggestions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/RevealCodes.htm and
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271478.

If you really, really miss the codes, there's a $50 commercial product
called CrossEyes that will fake them for you
(http://www.levitjames.com/crosseyes/CrossEyes.html).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

how do i reveal HTML codes in a WORD document? docdeano Microsoft Word Help 4 July 1st 05 06:49 AM
Reveal Codes BAW Microsoft Word Help 2 June 7th 05 03:38 PM
Was "Reveal Codes" in WP - What is it in Word? spncity Microsoft Word Help 3 March 20th 05 03:27 AM
Reveal Codes Fao, Sean Microsoft Word Help 9 January 31st 05 04:06 PM