Stephen Larivee

Default open a file and go to last place you worked on it

I seem to remember a keystroke combination that you could press after you
opened a Word 2003 file that would take you to the last place you edited the
file the last time you used the file. I have looked through the Help
section but came up empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Stefan Blom

After you've opened the file, press SHIFT+F5.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stephen Larivee" wrote in message
I seem to remember a keystroke combination that you could press

after you
opened a Word 2003 file that would take you to the last place you

edited the
file the last time you used the file. I have looked through the

Help
section but came up empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TF

I think you mean a keystroke you can't remember! Shift+F5 (but note that
WordPerfect Help and Navigation must be off for this to work).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Stephen Larivee" wrote in message
:I seem to remember a keystroke combination that you could press after you
: opened a Word 2003 file that would take you to the last place you edited
the
: file the last time you used the file. I have looked through the Help
: section but came up empty.
:
: Any suggestions?
:
: Thanks
:
:

PopS

Well I'll be!! And I thought I knew so much!

Any idea how long that's been there? I just tried it
on 2002, and it works great. I've always wished Word
would do that!

Pop

wrote in message
I seem to remember a keystroke combination that you
could press

after you
opened a Word 2003 file that would take you to the
last place you

edited the
file the last time you used the file. I have looked
through the

Help
section but came up empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Pop,

The Shft+F5 shortcut was available at
least since WinWord v2 (1991). g

=========
"PopS" wrote in message ...
Well I'll be!! And I thought I knew so much!

Any idea how long that's been there? I just tried it
on 2002, and it works great. I've always wished Word
would do that!

Pop
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Stan Brown

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:35:40 -0400, "PopS"
wrote:

Well I'll be!! And I thought I knew so much!

Any idea how long that's been there? I just tried it
on 2002, and it works great. I've always wished Word
would do that!

I believe Shift-F5 goes right back to Word for DOS.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"My theory was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading."
-- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)

Unable to Open tiff file ranimp04 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 20th 05 05:39 PM
Overcoming irritating feature - file open dialog box disappears Jack Sheet New Users 5 June 11th 05 01:18 AM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
Text Recovery and Open & Repair in WD 2003? UserRAW1975 Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 03:00 AM