Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Default Cross referencing, indexing in word

I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Use the Find and Replace dialog box?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SJ" wrote in message
news
I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Stefan Thank you. I was clear, or do not understand how your response will
work, probably the latter.

I am writing a series of grade level articles for students. I need the words
in these articles to all come from a word list. I want to have Word check the
article aggainst the word list and show words not in the list that are used
in the article. This way I can go back and check the articles for 100
compliance.

Is this more clear, will your method work?

Thanks Scott

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Use the Find and Replace dialog box?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SJ" wrote in message
news
I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Root Larry Root is offline

SJ,

Can you create a custom dictionary?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Use the Find and Replace dialog box?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SJ" wrote in message
news
I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Larry Thank you for your response. Did not realize you had offered help. I
do not know how. Can you point me in that direction? What would be the next
steps? Create Dictinary. Use Find to search all words in Dictionary?

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Use the Find and Replace dialog box?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SJ" wrote in message
news I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't think the idea of a custom dictionary would work unless you could
disable the main spell checking lexicon and enable only the custom
dictionary, and I don't believe there's any way to do this. If there were,
the idea would be to put all the "allowed" words in your custom dictionary,
and then any word not in that dictionary would be marked as misspelled.

"SJ" wrote in message
news I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Suzanne appreciate the thoughts. Any other suggestions? Another way. Maybe
use Excel with tables??? I need help obviously.

"SJ" wrote in message
news I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Larry, Suzanne exactly what you said works, I think. I can create custom
dictionaries, turn them off and on, and check the words for 100 percent
compliance it seems. I have not done the last part yet!

I thank you both, all for your help. I am helping schools of disadvantaged
children and this was a big help, and this is a big step forward as well.
SJ

"SJ" wrote in message
news I am writing several documents. I want to reference a table of words
checking as I create that I only use the word in those tables.

Any suggestions. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sj sj is offline

Well it was too good to be true. I cannot turn off the regular dictionary to
only use the custom dictionary... Any thoughts??