Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iaksma iaksma is offline

Default Keystrokes that make a document read only? I'm somehow typing the

and my document changes to read only. I don't want it to be read only and I
cannot figure out what keystrokes I am typing to cause the document to go to
read only. It seems to happen around the time I select Alt-S to save.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iaksma iaksma is offline

Default Keystrokes that make a document read only? I'm somehow typing

I printed out the key assignments in word and Alt-S isn't specified on my
list. When I'm in Word (sorry, I don't think I mentioned I'm using 2003) and
hit Alt-S, it brings up the "show" menu on the reviewing toolbar.

"iaksma" wrote in message
and my document changes to read only. I don't want it to be read only and
cannot figure out what keystrokes I am typing to cause the document to go
read only. It seems to happen around the time I select Alt-S to save.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Alt+S is an accelerator. It will go to the first button on any of your
visible toolbars which has S set as the accelerator and if there is only one
such, it will execute it - drop down the menu or whatever. All this, of
course, is only if you don't have a customised key setting as that would
override the accelerator usage.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"iaksma" wrote in message
and my document changes to read only. I don't want it to be read only
and
cannot figure out what keystrokes I am typing to cause the document to
go
read only. It seems to happen around the time I select Alt-S to save.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
iaksma iaksma is offline