Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dwayne Dwayne is offline

Default Removing unseen Text

I need to find out how to remove unwanted and unseen text from a document.
It is only seen when we print the project.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the text is formatted as Hidden, you should be able to see it by checking
the box for "Hidden text" on the View tab of Tools | Options and keep it
from printing by clearing the corresponding box on the Print tab.

But likely the text is something subtler. It may be a watermark or
equivalent being inserted by the printer driver (this is very likely the
case if it doesn't show up in Print Preview). It may be something hidden in
XML. It may be a field that updates at print time. You may have better luck
seeing such text in Normal view than in Print Layout.

news