Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
House House is offline

Default "The formatting in this document is too complex. Please full save

I get this message when opening a document. The formatting has been change
from the last version. How do I get it back to the way it was?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

As the document has been closed you cannot return it to the way it was,
unless you have a backup copy.
This is probably a corrupting document. Several options to try:
1. Open and Repair, in the File Open dialog, there is a downward-pointing
arrow on the right end of the Open button. After choosing the file, click
that arrow to get a small menu. Click "Open and Repair" in that menu.
2. Copying all but the last paragraph mark into a new document.
3. Open new blank file; Insert, File.

Work on a copy, just to be safe.
Are you saving this document to a media other than the hard-drive?
I have come across this message but only when the files has been opened and
directly saved onto a memory stick. Never work (i.e. open/edit/save/etc.)
with Word via a removable media, always save to a hard-drive, do the
necessary, save/close, copy to media.
Come back if you still have problems.
Hope this helps
DeanH