Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M I K E M I K E is offline

Default Close a New Window in Word; original window remains open

I create a New Window in Word to view different pages of a document at the
same time. How can I close the duplicate windows and retain the original
window?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Are the new windows with the other pages called Document 2, etc?
With each window selected do File Close until you are left with your
original document open.
Tip: Have you tried the Window Split option? Which allow multi view within
the same window.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"M I K E" wrote:

I create a New Window in Word to view different pages of a document at the
same time. How can I close the duplicate windows and retain the original
window?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can close additional windows quickly by pressing Ctrl+F4.

But, as DeanH wrote, the Split Window command might be more useful for you.
To remove the split, you can double-click the divider between the windows
(or use the View menu / View ribbon tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP