Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave F[_2_] Dave F[_2_] is offline

Default Embedding vs. Linking

Provided an Excel workbook and a Word document what are the pros & cons with
Embedding vs. Linking data between them?
I know if I have a Word file and embed the Excel chart in it I will increase
the size of the Word document by the size of the Excel workbook.
If I LINK the information from the Excel sheet to present the chart in the
Word document, will I experience the same increase in size of the resulting
file?

I am referencing Office 2007 Suite products.

David French

PDF embedding MA Microsoft Word Help 2 January 18th 08 04:44 AM
Problems: Linking & embedding Excel data and charts into Word The Linker Microsoft Word Help 2 July 16th 07 09:00 PM
Linking or embedding an Excel 2007 workbook in Word 2007 MikeJacobs Microsoft Word Help 4 May 7th 07 06:46 PM
embedding fonts Wal Green Microsoft Word Help 1 May 1st 05 02:23 AM
Embedding a macro ib_redbeard Microsoft Word Help 2 January 27th 05 09:50 PM