Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian M. Walker Ian M. Walker is offline

Default E-mail tables

Here at work we send a shift turnover three times a day from shift to shift.

This e-mail contains about five tables and we've asked everybody to change
their option to enable Word as the editor. I've created a template but we
usually use the previous shift e-mail to add our notes and then send this on.

The problem I'm having is that the tables keep on changing size. I've done
everything I can think of. I've recreated it from scratch three times now.
I ensure that the tables are set to a fixed width on the columns and yet it
will still happen on some tables and not the others.

We do paste text into the cells but I've not seen any coding coming in that
could cause this.

We are using Office 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2.

Any ideas please?

Cheers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Are you sending this document as an attachment? If you are sending it as an
HTML e-mail then you need to check it in WEB view before posting as Word and
HTML have entirely different formatting requirements. If you are sending it
as an attachment then all users need to have identical system setups - see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm
If you want to ensure that a document is read laid out exactly as you intend
then you should be sending it as a PDF attachment. You have no control over
how individual users configure Word or view e-mail.
Personally I wouldn't use Word as an editor for Outlook. You can better see
what you are sending with Outlook's own editor, and it has no relevance to
attachments.

Ian M. Walker wrote:
Here at work we send a shift turnover three times a day from shift to
shift.

This e-mail contains about five tables and we've asked everybody to
change their option to enable Word as the editor. I've created a
template but we usually use the previous shift e-mail to add our
notes and then send this on.

The problem I'm having is that the tables keep on changing size. I've
done everything I can think of. I've recreated it from scratch three
times now.
I ensure that the tables are set to a fixed width on the columns and
yet it will still happen on some tables and not the others.

We do paste text into the cells but I've not seen any coding coming
in that could cause this.

We are using Office 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2.

Any ideas please?

Cheers.

Tables in a Mail Merge Document Dave Microsoft Word Help 1 March 1st 07 09:19 PM
Mail-merging Tables Pat Mailmerge 1 February 3rd 07 08:41 AM
Mail merge and long tables JKarchner Mailmerge 13 September 11th 06 07:10 PM
Mail Merge by category into tables Ulticamp Mailmerge 3 July 23rd 06 10:37 PM
Mail merge using labels and tables DanaHuffman Mailmerge 2 December 28th 04 08:42 AM