Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ramgil ramgil is offline

Default Where can I find a free ocr program to work with word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Hanley[_2_] John Hanley[_2_] is offline

You should be able to activate Microsoft Office Document Imaging. Control
Panel|Microsoft Office|Change|Add or Remove Features|Office Tools|Microsoft
Office Document Imaging -- then install what you need. MODI has a pretty
good OCR feature (at least it does with Office 2007 under Vista -- if you
are XP there should be something similar -- now that I write that I am not
sure about 2003.....).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

MODI works with Windows XP also - and is included with Office 2003 (though
not installed by default).
Most scanners have some form of OCR software included in the software pack
that accompanies them.