Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Scott McPhillips [MVP] Scott McPhillips [MVP] is offline

Default Add-ins in Word 2007

"Tom Smith" tomDOTsmith68AT@verizonDOTnet wrote in message
Word 2007 under Win XP.

I want to use an add-in for a Brother label printer. I have twice
succeeded (or so I thought) in getting the Add-In added. But when I close
and then re-open Word, it's gone, again. I'm missing a step, I'm sure, but
I can't quite suss out what I'm supposed to be doing to make the add-in
'permanent.' Any help?

Thx, as always. Tom

Here's an obscure setting that might be what you need:

Under Office button, Word Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, use
Add New Location to enter the directory that your add-in is located in.

--
Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Where is the add-in located and how did you add it? Is it in a Startup
folder or did you manually add it using the Templates and Add-ins dialog
box? If the latter then Word will not automatically load the add-in each
time Word starts. It needs to be in a Startup folder instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

"Tom Smith" tomDOTsmith68AT@verizonDOTnet wrote in message
Word 2007 under Win XP.

I want to use an add-in for a Brother label printer. I have twice
succeeded (or so I thought) in getting the Add-In added. But when I close
and then re-open Word, it's gone, again. I'm missing a step, I'm sure, but
I can't quite suss out what I'm supposed to be doing to make the add-in
'permanent.' Any help?

Thx, as always. Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Scott McPhillips [MVP]" org-dot-mvps-at-scottmcp wrote in message
"Tom Smith" tomDOTsmith68AT@verizonDOTnet wrote in message
Word 2007 under Win XP.

I want to use an add-in for a Brother label printer. I have twice
succeeded (or so I thought) in getting the Add-In added. But when I close
and then re-open Word, it's gone, again. I'm missing a step, I'm sure,
but I can't quite suss out what I'm supposed to be doing to make the
add-in 'permanent.' Any help?

Thx, as always. Tom

Here's an obscure setting that might be what you need:

Under Office button, Word Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings,
use Add New Location to enter the directory that your add-in is located
in.

This would only allow any macros in the add-in to automatically run - it
will not automatically load the add-in each time Word starts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Melton

What is a Microsoft MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/gp/mvpfaqs

noxela noxela is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Melton View Post
[...]

You might as well check on this website. There are a lot of info. regardin add-ins for Word and Office 2007.

http://www.addintools.com/english/menuword/default.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Smith Tom Smith is offline

Thanks to all for advice and suggestions. I will fiddle with it some more.
The fact of the matter is I'm not quite sure where the program got copied
when I ran the Brother software. I'll have to go back and be a little more
careful.

But thanks, as always, for the help.

Tom