Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

Default Condensing a document?

I'm not sure what to call it. A few years ago, I was reading on a discussion group, someone was taking long documents or even ebooks, and putting them in Word and reducing them to a few lines, or even a few words. Supposedly giving the overall meanig of the document, in a condensed form.

It would apparently go over the words and pick out key ones, ones used the most of something.

I don't remmber what it was called, but at the time I had Word 2003 and found it. Though I wasn't sure how useful it was, and seemed like everytime it was done it would come up with something different.

I was thinking about this again, and now have Word 2007 and can't find anything that seems like this. Is it still there?

Of course, not knowing exactly what to call it probably doesn't help. Condensing? Reducing? Synopsis?

Anyone know what I mean and is it still there? I could be right in front of me and I'm missing it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The AutoSummarize command, which I think you want, is not on the Ribbon.

You can add it to the QAT. Office Pizza Word Options Customize tab. Select "All Commands" from the dropdown at the top and scroll down to find Auto Summary Tools.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Carrie" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

Thanks!

I wasn't even sure what it was I wanted (LOL)