Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Trev. Steed Trev. Steed is offline

Default Help with writing books

Hi,
I am totally new to this forum so please be patient if I get it
wrong.

I have used word to produce simple A4 documents (versions 2000 to
2007), stapled together at the corner, but I now have the need to write
a small pamphlet/booklet in A5 size. The booklet needs to be
approximately 14 to 18 pages long and will be stapled into a small
book.

Is there any way I can set up word so that it organises and prints my
document out double sided in book format with correctly numbered
pages.

I hope this is clear (I know what I mean but that does not mean you
necessarily do)

Many thanks in anticipation

trev. Steed.

--
Trev. Steed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/re...01199994103 3

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Trev. Steed" wrote in message

Hi,
I am totally new to this forum so please be patient if I get it
wrong.

I have used word to produce simple A4 documents (versions 2000 to
2007), stapled together at the corner, but I now have the need to write
a small pamphlet/booklet in A5 size. The booklet needs to be
approximately 14 to 18 pages long and will be stapled into a small
book.

Is there any way I can set up word so that it organises and prints my
document out double sided in book format with correctly numbered
pages.

I hope this is clear (I know what I mean but that does not mean you
necessarily do)

Many thanks in anticipation

trev. Steed.

--
Trev. Steed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carrie[_2_] Carrie[_2_] is offline

"Trev. Steed" wrote in message

Hi,
I am totally new to this forum so please be patient if I get it
wrong.

I have used word to produce simple A4 documents (versions 2000 to
2007), stapled together at the corner, but I now have the need to write
a small pamphlet/booklet in A5 size. The booklet needs to be
approximately 14 to 18 pages long and will be stapled into a small
book.

Is there any way I can set up word so that it organises and prints my
document out double sided in book format with correctly numbered
pages.

I hope this is clear (I know what I mean but that does not mean you
necessarily do)

Many thanks in anticipation

trev. Steed.

I would have tried setting this up in Publisher, and I have a problem
getting it all to print right (setting up the program AND my printer, which
does duplex printing and can be set to reverse order, etc)
Now I'm aiming at learning more about Word, maybe this would be an easier
way to do it.
Glad you asked! Seems like no matter how much time and energy I put into
learning, technology is always a few steps ahead of me (LOL)
Good thing for all the smart people here who are so patient and willing to
help.

~ Carrie

--
Trev. Steed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. Note that you
cannot have either 14 or 18 pages in a booklet. All booklets must be a
multiple of four pages.