Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PT PT is offline

Default Mysterious line

I asked about this some years ago but lost track of the answer.

If I enter a short series of either asterisks, hyphens, or underscores on a
fresh line, and press Return, the characters magically expand to fill the
entire line. in addition, the line can't be edited, only removed
completely. How does this happen, and how can I turn off the feature?

--

PT

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...tRidOfLine.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PT" wrote in message ...
I asked about this some years ago but lost track of the answer.

If I enter a short series of either asterisks, hyphens, or underscores on
a fresh line, and press Return, the characters magically expand to fill
the entire line. in addition, the line can't be edited, only removed
completely. How does this happen, and how can I turn off the feature?

--

PT

mysterious line rebecca sage Page Layout 1 October 31st 07 06:16 PM
Mysterious line Mindwrker New Users 1 March 11th 07 11:35 AM
Mysterious Text Turbo Microsoft Word Help 5 October 22nd 05 12:47 AM
Mysterious line and extra spaces in footer! AmandaH Microsoft Word Help 7 August 22nd 05 12:41 AM
Mysterious line on each page Roger Nye Microsoft Word Help 10 July 21st 05 08:57 PM