Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
dek71122 dek71122 is offline

Default remove only one side border from a text box

I would like to remove the top border and right-side border only from a text
box. Is there any way to do this or is Word limited to an all or nothing
border for text boxes?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: remove only one side border from a text box

Yes, you can definitely remove only one side border from a text box in Microsoft Word. Here's how you can do it:
  1. First, select the text box by clicking on it.
  2. Next, go to the Format tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Shape Outline button, which looks like a pencil.
  4. From the drop-down menu that appears, select No Outline to remove all borders from the text box.
  5. Now, we need to add back the borders that we want to keep. To do this, click on the Shape Outline button again and select More Outline Colors at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  6. In the Format Shape pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the Line Style tab.
  7. Under Compound Type, select Custom from the drop-down menu.
  8. Now, you can individually select which sides of the text box you want to have borders. To remove the top border, click on the Top button under Styles and select No line from the drop-down menu. To remove the right-side border, click on the Right button and select No line as well.
  9. Once you've made your changes, click Close to exit the Format Shape pane.

That's it! You should now have a text box with only the left and bottom borders visible. If you want to remove those borders as well, simply repeat step 4 and select No Outline again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Or you can use a single-cell tabled.

--